How to Use Amazon Alexa to Control Your Tesvor Robot - Tesvor Blog
If you have a Amazon Echo device in your home, it would be simpler to control your Tesvor robot, let it get to work. Follow this guidance to complete the connection quickly.
Before using Echo to control your robot vacuum, make sure you meet the following conditions.
- Stable Wi-Fi network which could access to Amazon server. (For mainland China users)
- An Echo device, including Echo, Echo Tap, or Echo Dot.
- An Amazon account.
- Tesvor App and a related account.
- Your robot vacuum
1.Add devices in Tesvor App (See in App Instruction)
You can skip this part if you’ve already added some devices to your Tesvor account, and in the meantime, the devices’ names are easily recognized.
2.Set up Amazon Echo and enable skill
Search “Amazon Alexa” in App Store or Google Play to install the App.
We take App configuration as an example. Configuration through web and App are basically the same.
3.Set up Echo with Amazon Alexa App
You can skip this part if your Echo is already set up.
1. Make sure your Echo device is energized.
2. Make sure Echo is in a Wi-Fi network that can access Amazon services smoothly.
3. Open the Alexa App by tapping the App icon on your mobile device.
4. Type in your Amazon account and password, then tap “SIGN IN”.
5. Tap the hamburger menu on the top left corner, select “Add Device”, Select Amazon Echo in the Set up page.
6. Select the type of your Echo, then tap "CONTINUE ".
7. Long press the dot button on the top of your Echo device until the orange light shows up, then tap “CONTINUE”. Make your mobile phone connected to the hot spot of Echo, then tap “CONTINUE”.
8. Select a Wi-Fi to let Echo have the access to the internet. Type in the Wi-Fi password, then tap “CONNECT”. Echo may take several minutes to connect the network.
9. Tap “CONTINUE” when Echo is connected to the network. After an introduction video, tap “NEXT” to finish the setup. At this point, the Echo configuration process ends.
4. Link Tesvor Account account to Alexa
1. Tap “Skills&Games” in the Bottom bar of “More”, then search “Smart Life”. Select and tap “ENABLE” to enable the Skill.
2. You will be redirected to the account link page. Type in your Tesvor account and password, don’t forget to select the country/region where your account belongs to. Then tap “Link Now” to link your Tesvor account. The country/region.
3. Next, turn on your sweeper and press and hold the top button to turn on the network configuration mode. Then instructing Echo: Alexa, discover devices. Finally, wait for Alexa to find the device to complete the device connection.
You will see in the Alexa App that the robot has been added as one of the devices, and the voice control is unlocked.
Almost done! Now you can control your robot vacuum through Amazon Alexa. You can make a voice command now.
- Alexa, turn on/off robot（device name）
- Alexa，set robot to clean mode
- Alexa，what is the mode on robot？
- Alexa，what is the fanspeed on robot？
- Alexa, set robot fan speed to 2.